Company News - Thu 11 Jan, 2018

The Korelin Economics Report

By Cory

Figure 1 Jan 9

Maple Gold Finalizes Drilling Plans and Prepares to Commence Winter Drilling Campaign

Maple Gold Mines released news yesterday focused on their winter drill program. After big changes to management and the technical teams in the second half of the year I am expecting this to a big year for the Company. The 100% owned Douay Gold Project already has a resource published last year of 2.8M Oz Au @ 1.05G/T. On top of a planned 25,000 -30,000m drill program the Company also has lots of historical holes to re-log which will continue to de-risk the project.  This is a very large project with the opportunity to tie together the known resource area with other current discoveries that need some drilling between. Take a close look at the maps/images below to get an understanding of how this is all possible.

I am shareholder of Maple Gold for a number of reasons. I really like the new management team. I like that the Douay Project is in Quebec and I like that the potential of expanding the current resource into some much bigger. I will also be chatting with management shortly for a more comprehensive update.

Click here to listen to the most recent interview with Matthew Hornor, Maple Gold President and CEO.

Here’s the news…

January 10, 2018 – Montreal (Quebec): Maple Gold Mines Ltd. (“Maple Gold” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: MGM, OTCQB: MGMLF; Frankfurt: M3G) is pleased to provide an update on exploration activities and the upcoming winter drilling campaign. The Company’s team of eight geologists have now re-logged over 18,000 metres (m) from selected higher-grade sections throughout the Resource Areas, and are preparing for the 25,000 – 30,000m drilling program that will start on or about January 15. The updated camp, capable of accommodating up to 75 people, is in place and the first drilling contract has been signed with equipment being mobilized to site.

Maple Gold’s technical team continues to evaluate and modify the existing geologic and resource models, incorporating the 2017 drilling (~23,000m), new results from previously un-assayed drill-core in the Resource Area and applying new knowledge established from all of the database-related work completed during Q4 of 2017. The 25,000 – 30,000m winter drilling program will build on the 2017 campaign and includes plans for approximately 60% of the meterage for step-out and infill drilling (Resource Area), with the remaining 40% allocated towards greenfields exploration and new discovery drilling. More specifically, the objectives are:

Greenfields & New Discovery Drilling:

Test new discovery targets beyond the known Resource Area. This drilling will focus on the NE Syenite Target (10 holes, see press release Nov 29, 2017), additional Syenite Targets identified along the Casa Berardi Fault Zone to the NW of the current Resource Area (4 holes) and also a number of undrilled or insufficiently drilled EM conductors to the west of the Resource Area (9 holes).
Define new exploration targets in peripheral greenfields areas. This will be accomplished with approximately 100 shallow “Top-of-Bedrock/Overburden” type holes for a total of ~3,500m, mainly in the more remote and …read more

Source:: The Korelin Economics Report